The decision to ask for help is sometimes categorized as a weakness by a few people, but in reality, this is far from the truth, especially when talking about home cleaning. The world moves at such a fast pace that there is absolutely no time to get bogged down in tedious tasks like keeping and maintaining a clean home. No one wants to be chained around the house folding laundry, picking up toys, or doing the dishes while there are other more serious businesses to be done.
Perhaps, this is why the demand for professional home cleaning continues to grow. More and more people realize that outsourcing these undesirable tasks can provide a significant return on investment. In many cases, the greatest reward for using a home cleaning service is not just the time you are not cleaning but the total time and energy you previously wasted avoiding cleaning.
Professional Company VS Private Parties
When choosing, it is best always to contact a professional company for window cleaning or bond cleaning. Of course, there are many house cleaners and “private parties” who may do a good job. However, if you hire an individual rather than a company to clean your house and pay a fixed amount per year, you are their employer, and If they don’t pay the proper taxes on the money you paid, you could be held liable.
Plus, if you do your homework for yourself and you get hurt or injured, you could be held liable too. On the other hand, hiring professional domestic help avoids all of these risks. This is because service owners are responsible for paying payroll taxes, worker’s compensation, and liability insurance. Professional services also provide training for employees for better delivery of cleaning duties. Plus, all risks and responsibilities are no longer on your side. Indeed, that kind of peace of mind is worth $20 more, right?
It definitely is!
Go for professionalism, not just image – just because the company has glossy business cards and a website that competes with Microsoft doesn’t guarantee premium services. Instead, you still have to do your homework.
Tips for Choosing the Right Cleaning Service
- Not all cleaning services are created equal, so first, it’s important to know what you really want to clean. For example, some people do laundry, make beds, and wash dishes, so it’s important to know what you need before you book and ensure the company you hire will take on these tasks. There’s nothing worse than coming home expecting your laundry folded only to find it undone because the company does not cover such services. Second, if you’re on a tight budget, deciding what really needs to be cleaned is a way to customize the cleaning to make it a little cheaper.
- Do you need monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly cleaning, or just a one-time cleaning when you move out? Take a close look at how often you need a cleaning appointment. Maybe you can get away with cleaning every two weeks instead of every week? Remember, in general, the more frequently you book, the lower the price per visit. For example, bi-weekly cleanings cost less per visit than monthly visits and may only cost a few dollars a month. He can also go once a week and adjust the cleaning service later if he feels it is no longer needed. Conversely, you can go once a month and increase the frequency as needed.
- Do you know the amazing cleaning deals that are $100 cheaper than others? Yes, that sounds great, but we’ll advise you double check if it’s a flat rate. Probably not; they severely underestimated the work. To your surprise, it might get to a total of $350 bill at the end when your initial budget is $150. Flat rates are more stable, you know exactly what you’re paying for, and you’re not shocked when you see your final bill.
- We can’t overemphasize this one, but after cleaning, walk around with the vacuum cleaner to make sure nothing has been overlooked. This will allow you to see if anything has been overlooked or if an area of your home needs a little more attention to improve. Once the cleaners are gone, it’s virtually impossible to return on the same day. So make sure everything looks clean before they leave. If you can’t be at home during the service, please join the walking tour as soon as possible. The more reputable cleaning companies have cleaning service guarantees, but they usually require 24-hour notice in case of a problem.
- Asking friends, family, and colleagues who have used cleaning services before for recommendations can save you a lot of headaches. If you don’t have anyone to ask or want to search for yourself, reading the company’s customer reviews will give you an idea of what you might be interested in. Find reviews written by others on Google, Yelp, and Homestar.
- If the cleaning company you’re looking for doesn’t work with certified cleaners, hiring them may not be the best idea. This also ensures that the maids have been vetted and are worthy of working in household cleaning. The first question regarding cleaning equipment and products is whether the company provides them. In this case, the second question concerns the quality of tools and cleaning supplies.
- While cleaning services need to use hygienic, high-quality cleaning tools to achieve the desired results, cleaning supplies must be safe for children and pets. Harsh chemicals can leave long-lasting harmful residues on household surfaces and are not recommended. Cleaning services using eco-friendly cleaning products are usually the best option.
- It is up to the cleaning company to convince you why you should hire them instead of your competitors. It’s always nice to let the results speak for themselves, but the cleaning company needs to have the assurance of supporting their service so that customers can rest assured that they have nothing to lose.
- Professional cleaning services offer repeat cleaning sessions free of charge if the results are not what the client expected, but some offer full refunds if the service and results are unsatisfactory. Therefore, we recommend using a cleaning service with 100% customer satisfaction.
- Find out exactly what kind of cleaning services the company offers and whether they undertake additional cleaning duties upon request. Depending on your home cleaning needs, cleaning companies usually optimize their services to meet them. With this useful information in your pocket, finding the best domestic helper for you and your home will be much easier!
- Given that you have your schedule and family requirements, it certainly helps to have a house cleaning service that is flexible in terms of hours and schedules. And discuss a regular schedule with the company to devise a customized cleaning schedule that works for both parties.
If you hire a cleaner, insurance is very important as it protects your family and home from injury and property damage. So if the cleaning company doesn’t have insurance, you shouldn’t consider hiring them. Having an insured and certified cleaning company for your home gives you peace of mind that your family and home are never in danger.